SWEET PEA - BUNNY

SWEET PEA - BUNNY

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Anything But a Card Stamp Camp

I look forward to this camp all year because I love making 3-D projects.
This camp is set aside just for those fun little holiday items.

My sister, Penny Thomas, (please visit her blog, she is an awesome stamper! http://www.penguinstamper.blogspot.com/), gave me this idea, back in the spring, using the Mini Milk Carton die, #117310. I thought it would be fun to 'winterize' it. Punch a 1 1/4" circle #119861, on one of the sides, insert a battery operated votive and add a pretty roof. The holly and cardinal are from the Two-Step Bird Punch, #117191. The Designer Paper roof is 'Deck the Halls', #120810, with the scalloped edge punch, #119882. Makes it looks so cozy inside.


This little Santa is fat enough for you to put goodies inside him. He is a triangle shape and would look pretty on the tree as an ornament too. His face is fashioned from various punches, and is quick to put together. I stole this from my friend, Judy Sumner, who gave me this shape as a witches' hat on Halloween. Love it! His nose and cheeks are 'flushed' because he's been putting packages in his sleigh,
and baby, it's COLD outside....it really is!



I named this camp, Anything But a Card....I kinda lied. This is actually a card, but since it has a job, I couldn't pass it up. Have you ever made a 'Slider' Card with the Word Window #119857Punch? This is along that same line. I saw a beautiful card made by a fellow stamper and friend, Kirsteen Gill, http://www.creatinwithkirsteen.com/ using the stamp set Bells & Boughs #120831, focusing on the bells. She used the 3/4" Circle Punch #119873, pennies, and Dimensionals #104430. The bells seem to be ringing when you hold the card. I just loved it and reduced it for my gift card holder.


Isn't this cute? It's a little triangle that keeps Kisses snugly inside. How nice would this be to find on your desk at work, or to give to that someone you want to show appreciation, maybe a waitress, barista, or hairstylist?
I snatched this idea from a wonderful stamper, Carrie Kliethermes.
Clever lady! Thank you, Carrie!

Not sure where I saw this idea. Probably on our fantastic demonstrator website.
(One of the MANY perks of being a SU Demonstrator.)
It is simply two little tea light votives and a box of matches all wrapped up for the holidays in our Candy Cane Designer Paper. To get the image on the wax candle, stamp tissue paper, (the kind you use for stuffing in gift bags), punch it out, along with a hole for the wick. Slide it onto the candle and melt the image onto the wax with the Heat Tool #100005. Place the little goodies into one of our medium Cellophane Bags, #102572, and fancy it up with a topper of some kind. I used a Top Note die #113463, folded in half and tied up with satin ribbon.
Tah-Dah!
Many thanks to all the stampers I stole from this month! Keep the ideas coming! Valentines Day is coming and I need ideas!
:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment