SWEET PEA - BUNNY

SWEET PEA - BUNNY

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Punchie Pumpkins

Wow, as soon as we hit September, the weather turned cool and crisp.
Made me think of Fall and all that goes with it.
Steve bought a fire pit last year and I can't wait to try it out with S'mores,
all bundled up listening to football!
(Later smelling like campfire
and having to jump in the tub and throwing our clothes in the washer to get out the smell.
I wasn't a shining example of Girl Scouts, ok? I did, however, like the S'mores part!)
Anyway, one of the things I thought of was PUMPKINS! These two cards are from past camps, and have a Thanksgiving sentiment, but could easily be made for Halloween.
I think this is my all-time favorite pumpkin card. So simple. I simply punched five ovals in Pumpkin Pie (hmm, fitting!), and one in a Garden Green for the 'stem'. Using a sponge, I brushed the edges to give it that shadowed look. Taped them altogether and popped up with dimensionals.
This one was made with nine punched circles.
Each circle is folded in half and adhered to each other until you get a fanned 3-D pumpkin.
I'm kinda getting the urge for pumpkin pie.
Wonder if you can make that on a fire pit....nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment