SWEET PEA - BUNNY

SWEET PEA - BUNNY

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Favorite Things #3


I couldn't cut a straight edge if you paid me a million bucks. Same for stamping a sentiment. I don't know how many times I have worked hours on the front of a card (come on, you know you have too!) only to have the inside sentiment crooked because I can't stamp straight. It just looks better if it is straight. So that is why the Stamp-a-ma-jig is my favorite thing for this week. I use it all the time, and not just for sentiments. I love it when using letters from alphabet sets, or when I want a flower stem positioned just right.
It looks intimidating at first, but it is so easy to use. Slip the plastic sheet into the elbow of the 'T' shaped tool. (Works for left or right-handed people.) Insert your inked stamp into the same elbow to stamp your image onto the plastic. Lift out and remove the 'T'. Place the plastic sheet on your card stock wherever you want that stamped image. Bring the 'T' next to the sheet, move the sheet, while keeping the 'T' in place. Fit your re-inked stamp into the elbow and stamp. Voila! You have your image exactly where you want it.
I have been known to challenge myself, every now and then, to see if I can stamp straight. After a few choice words, I pull out my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig and make it right. Once you've used it you just can't live without it. Silly name, but serious tool!
See that pretty blood red card stock underneath the box? Uh-huh, that is one of the new colors, Cherry Cobbler. It is beautiful. I love the rich, deep color of it. I think you will love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment