SWEET PEA - BUNNY

SWEET PEA - BUNNY

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Brayered 'Chocolate' Card


I came across a card on Robin Merriman's blog, Trinity Designs, at Christmas, where she used the brayer on our beautiful white Bride Specialty Paper. If you haven't considered using this paper, you really should check it out, (page 158). It is just beautiful. It has a design that gives you a crayon resist effect when you brayer it. I must have been hungry, because I immediately thought of CHOCOLATE and Valentine's Day. I used Close to Cocoa ink (of course, more chocolate!), and layered it with Whisper White and Blush Blossom card stock. The Chocolate Chip (Duh!) Satin ribbon brings it all together without taking away from the soft effect of the design. The Curly Label punch was used twice to elongate my sentiment. I cut one of the punched images in two and adhered it to the first one to give it a bit of definition.
I think the possibilities are endless. You can use any color ink you want to get the effect you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment